Geography Minor Requirements
If you are looking into getting a minor in Geography, the department only offers a transcript-recognized minor for students in the 18-20 catalog. Please first see your academic advisor to find out if you are eligible for this catalog.
To minor in Geography in the 18-20 catalog, the degree requirements are:
One of GRG 401C or 301K
One GRG 410C or 460G or 462K
Six additional hours of upper-division Geography
The following information is related to minors for students who are pursuing a major in Geography. The Geography major requires students to also complete a minor. Depending on your degree catalog, the minor requirements are different.
For students pursuing the 14-16 or 12-14 catalogs:
- Complete 12 semester hours in any one field of study other than geography. It is recommended that the minor reinforce the student's chosen track. Keep in mind that some academic subjects may be more difficult than others to get coursework in due to prerequisites or class restricitions. Students should discuss their minor selection with the academic advisor.
- At least 6 of the minor hours must be upper division.
- At least 6 of the minor hours must be taken in residence at UT Austin.
- All 12 hours must be taken for a letter grade.
For students pursuing the 16-18 or 18-20 catalog:
- Complete a certificate program or a transcript-recognized minor: http://catalog.utexas.edu/undergraduate/the-university/minor-and-certificate-programs/
- Requirements range from 15 - 24 hours depending on the certificate or minor
- NOTE: Not all departments and colleges offer a transcript-recognized minor or certificate, see the academic advisor for more information about departments offering a transcript-recognized minor